As a cutting-edge mental health and substance abuse treatment center, FHE Health needs to regularly publish a high volume of SEO-optimized content to remain competitive. However, acquiring this type of niche content can be tricky. Here’s what Chris Foy, Content Manager and Webmaster for FHE Health, had to say about the challenges the center faced and how its partnership with Crowd Content resolved these pain points.
The Challenges of a Competitive Space
FHE provides mental health and substance abuse support to over one hundred individuals a month, through their multiple programs. In this space, it’s also one of the few providers that manages its own websites. However, to do so, FHE needs to drive a lot of traffic to ensure that the right clients can find the center and receive essential services. Consequently, the center runs it’s own innovative SEO operation. It also employs a single in-house writer, who’s familiar with the facility and what it does and can conduct in-person interviews.
Ultimately, however, FHE needed writers who could write well across a variety of topics, including medical- and science-focused issues. Chris explains that topics could potentially range from general concepts, such as the role of faith and religion in recovery, to specific areas, such as decoding mental health whitepapers. Having a single writer made it difficult to satisfy these niche content requirements, and hiring and managing a team of writers large enough to accommodate the volume of content needed was impractical. The center needed to be able to field these topics to a broad team of writers.
FHE also wanted a content solution that would be as hands-off as possible. Chris notes that managing a high volume of content, doing SEO research and providing writers with guidance can be time-consuming. The team wanted to be able to provide writers with a topic and instructions and receive high-quality content in return.
Crowd Content: the Obvious Choice
Although Chris doesn’t remember his introduction to Crowd Content, he’s used the platform over the years at multiple employers as well as for his occasional personal content writing needs. Because of these successful past partnerships, Chris found no need to explore other potential solutions. Whether FHE needs 500 words or several thousand, he believes he’ll get value and consistency through Crowd Content’s solution, making it a straightforward and easy choice to fill his team’s needs.
Reaping the Benefits of Crowd Content’s Hands-Off Solution
Crowd Content primarily provides SEO-focused copywriting services for FHE. Because the center requires a high volume of content, it sources articles multiple ways, with some orders going to its in-house writers, some placed through Crowd Content’s self-serve portal and the rest funnelled through the platform’s managed content side.
As the facility’s use of Crowd Content’s solution has ramped up from about 30 pieces a month to 70 or 80, Chris has been pleased with the benefits FHE has seen from the partnership. They include:
- Hands-off content management: FHE often benefits from the hands-off nature of Crowd Content’s managed content side. Under the guidance of an account manager who knows FHE’s system and understands its brand, turnaround times are quick, changes are implemented quickly, and quality issues are addressed right away. This means Chris doesn’t have to provide monthly instructions.
- A customized ordering system: Crowd Content helped FHE create a customized order summary system, which streamlines content ordering. To place orders, its account manager looks at a content calendar and order summaries provided by FHE. Essentially, Crowd Content works with FHE’s preferred system rather than making the client conform to the platform’s standard processes.
- Self-serve options: With Crowd Content’s self-serve portal, FHE can create teams and tag its favorite writers, making it easier to place content orders with the right professionals. Currently, the center has locked in a group of writers who provide consistently high-quality content.
- Access to skilled writers: Whether FHE places orders on the managed content side or opts for Crowd Content’s self-serve portal, it finds writers who have the skill set to deliver content in various niches and can write from the perspective of a mental health facility.
- High-quality deliverables: Crowd Content consistently delivers articles that match the tone and quality Chris expects. On the managed content side, a dedicated Crowd Content account manager ensures the team of writers understands FHE’s brand so articles rarely require revision and can be integrated seamlessly with preexisting content on the website.
- Quality control: Chris appreciates Crowd Content’s dedication to quality control. The platform’s editing services are baked into the managed side, reinforcing the high level of quality, so all articles meet the center’s strict standards.
- Add-on services: The center recently added on an infographics package. In the past, FHE had worked with agencies to connect with creative professionals who could deliver infographics, but finding the right freelancers proved challenging, and deliverables often needed revisions. Through Crowd Content’s add-on solution, FHE got infographics delivered right alongside content, and the team has been thrilled with the quality.
- Affordability: Crowd Content provides several tiers of services, so FHE is able to get the content it needs while respecting its budget.
Trying On Other Solutions
Although the partnership with Crowd Content had been a resounding success, FHE has shopped around for other solutions to perform due-diligence. However, after trying out other writing services to see if it might be an even better fit, the team quickly found the workflow and content quality far inferior to what they’d received through Crowd Content. Ultimately, the company decided that Crowd Content was still the right solution for FHE.
According to Chris, FHE’s organic rankings are visibly responding to the influx of articles created and optimized by Crowd Content, and month-over-month growth of organic traffic has been steadily increasing. In fact, the FHE team has been blown away by how much the outsourced content has impacted the company’s organic presence and conversions. With a happy leadership team and a flourishing SEO plan, FHE knows that Crowd Content’s platform was the hands-off solution it needed to compete in the field’s competitive climate.